I know it's a few days late, but I figured I should share a list of 18 New Years Resolutions that I have in mind for 2018. I don't typically make huge resolution lists like this every year, but I already know that 2018 has a lot in store for me, and I want to set goals that will guide me through it. What better way to start the year off than to be motivated, right?
1. See the world. You guys already know that my Study Abroad program has been the first thing on my mind since the beginning of this past semester. I want to make the most out of this once-in-a-lifetime experience.
2. Improve my photography skills. I've spent the past few months really focusing on my photography skills, and I recently upgraded to a D7500, so I'm super excited to start shooting with a more advanced model.
3. Grow my blog. This blog is only a few months old and I love it so much, and the more I get into the swing of things, the better it gets. Ashsotiro.com will turn 1-years-old in July 2018, and I'm excited to see how much it changes from now.
4. Turn 21. I'll be turning 21 this February and I'm super pumped. I'll be in Europe, so it won't be a huge deal there, but I want to find a way to make it as special as possible. Plus, I already have a list of cool bars to go to in the city when I come home!
5. Keep dancing. I spent my entire life as a dancer, but since I started college, I haven't been dancing at all, really. I'm happiest when I'm dancing, and I want nothing more than to do what I love more often, even if it is simply signing up for a Zumba class here and there.
6. Live in my first apartment. Fun fact: I've lived on campus for 3 years of college. Finally being able to decorate, throw parties, and have my own bedroom is going to be so nice.
7. Learn to cook on my own. Anyone who knows me, knows that I'm literally the worst cook in the world. Unfortunately, living off campus (and soon, the real world) means that I'll have to start learning how to make my own meals... and not just Ramen. Hopefully the 5-hour chef lab I had to take this semester helps!
8. Take more risks. You're only young once, and as I'm getting older I'm realizing that more and more. Your twenties are the best years of your life, and I'm certainly not going to take a single moment for granted.
9. Get an internship! Seriously. Experience. Future. Career. Money. Happiness.
10. Wear my retainer more. I had Invisalign this year, and it helped a lot, but having to wear a retainer is such a drag. I typically only wear it once a week, if anything, but I know I need to change that.
11. Learn to manage money. Okay once again, I need to learn how to adult, and that means I need to become financially literate. I'm not the best with money, but I'm going to try to start saving a lot more than I have been, and go from there.
12. Do my senior year right. Next fall will be the first semester of my senior year, and I really need to make the most of it, because I know it'll go by in an instant. I'm already crying.
13. Take more videos. I've recently started creating my own videos from experiences like Firefly, Spring Break, and anywhere I travel to, and I absolutely love it. Making them can be stressful, like getting the clips to flow well with the background music, but when it does, it makes me so happy.
14. Get into an exercise routine. In the past, I've tried to make resolutions based on losing weight rather than focusing on simply exercising more or eating better. Now, I just want a lifestyle where I can regularly go to the gym and make healthy choices without worrying about a number on a scale. Energy, happiness, and motivation is what I'll be focusing on this year.
15. Get more marketing experience. I guess this relates to getting an internship, but regardless, I want to get more accustomed to the marketing world. I added Marketing as a second major this past semester, and I know this is something I'll be doing for the rest of my life.
16. Keep my grades up. This year, I managed to bring my GPA up significantly, and I'm motivated more than ever to keep raising it and do better in school. 2018 will be the real ~4.0 szn~.
17. Become a morning person. Let's be real, I sleep past 1pm on my days off and I don't consider it "nighttime" until midnight. This is gonna be a tough one but I want to get more out of my day, especially since I'll be traveling a lot.
18. Use my phone less. Taking pictures and videos is one thing, but scrolling through Instagram at the dinner table is another. I don't want to look back on my life and wonder why I spent 90% of my time on my phone when I could've been making conversation, seeing new things, or meeting new people. Also, I've been watching a lot of Black Mirror and that stuff gets to you.